Look for the girl in the faded blue Dodgers hat and she's gone...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Days A Week

So as I was perusing through tumblr this afternoon, I came across a 30 day beatle meme which I've decided to give a try.

Day 01- Your Favorite Beatle


I would have to say George Harrison simply beca
use there is something about him that I relate to. I think that it's really hard to pick just one anyway because they all wrote songs that will impact you at different times in your life depending on what your going through. I've just always been attracted to George's singing voice primarily, because much like Bob Dylan's voice it changed as he progressed. When he first started off he had a heavy accent but gradually it became less and less. I've also always loved his guitar playing style, it was just so cool and effortless but also essential to what the Beatles did throughout their career. His lyrics have all been important and meaningful to me at one time or another and they are all my favorites at one time or another. The last thing is that he always seemed to me to be the one that got ignored. I always thought that George got no attention and that everyone loved John and Paul. It made me feel cool and aloof to say that my favorite was the one that got the least attention. So, not very good reasons, I can't really explain why George is my favorite-there was just something about him that I will just always identify with.


No comments:

Post a Comment