Look for the girl in the faded blue Dodgers hat and she's gone...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Please Don't Wake Me, No Don't Shake Me, Leave Me Where I Am

A mix for when it's 8:00 in the morning and you have no desire to be alive.

Good Morning Good Morning
The Beatles
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Because it really isn't.
"I've got nothing to say and it's okay."

Get Off of My Cloud (Live)
The Rolling Stones
Got Live if You Want It!

Because this is how I feel most mornings. The live version is better because it's louder and that's what I like in the morning.
"Don't hang around boy, two's a crowd on my cloud."

Sleepwalker
The Wallflowers
Breach

Pretty self-explanatory.
"Sleepwalker what's my line? It's only a matter of time until I/Learn to open up my eyes/When I'm dead asleep dreaming."

Take A Picture
Filter
Title of Record

Because the chorus talks about not remembering crap, which is regular in the morning for me.
"Could you take my picture? Cause I won't remember."

Crown of Love
The Arcade Fire
Funeral

It's so overwrought and dramatic, it just sounds right to my ears in the early morning hours.
"They say it fades, if you let it/Love was made to forget it."

Another Brick in the Wall part 2
Pink Floyd
The Wall

Being a student, this is basically my life. Especially when I'm sitting in my class at 8:00 in the morning.
"All in all your just another brick in the wall."

Title is from I'm Only Sleeping by the Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment