Look for the girl in the faded blue Dodgers hat and she's gone...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's Love Got to Do With it?

As of late I have been on an eternal quest to make amazing playlists/mixes, so I decided I should share my findings on here starting with a mix of a more romantic persuasion to commemorate prom season and the spring fever most start to experience around this time of year.

Two of Us
The Beatles
Let it Be


This is my idea of the perfect love song: simple with no syrupy stuff. It describes the kind of relationship I think is just perfect.
"Two of us riding nowhere, spending someone's hard earned pay/ You and me Sunday driving, not arriving, on our way back home."

Sweet Child of Mine
The Guns and Roses
Appetite for Destruction


So perfect. Love should be both sweet and still hard core.
"She's got eyes of the bluest skies, as if they thought of rain/ I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain."

I Love You
Lou Reed
Lou Reed


So simple in it's romantic-ness, there aren't many ways to put it better than "I love you", the most simple romantic statement.
"Those smiling faces I, just can't forget 'em/ But for now I love you."

I Melt With You
Modern English
After the Snow


It's a really romantic sentiment when you think about it, I mean he's willing to stop the entire world just to be with a girl for a few minutes. Perfection.
"I'll stop the world and melt with you/ You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time."

There is a Light That Never Goes Out
The Smiths
The Queen is Dead


Need I say more than this?
"If a double decker bus/crashes into us/to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."

Catch The Wind
Donovan
What's Bin Did and What's Bin Hid


"
In the chilly hours and minutes,
Of uncertainty, I want to be,
In the warm hold of your loving mind."

Title is from "What's Love Got to Do With it" by Tina Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment