Look for the girl in the faded blue Dodgers hat and she's gone...

Friday, November 6, 2009

Instant Karma!


Best Friday of my high school career? possibly. I knew I was due for a good day, and I suppose it came today!

I was in English class, where we were discussing a coming multimedia persuasion project. My teacher (who doubles as my journalism teacher) asked for all students who wanted to write an essay instead to raise their hands. Being a somewhat decent writer (I've been told I'm actually quite good, but the pessimist in me begs to differ, but that's not the point.) I raised my hand. The teacher then told me that he actually wanted me to do this project for journalism class. When it was time to break into groups to discuss the project, I asked him if he wanted me to do it for anything specific, like the paper. He said no, but since it will be likely that I will be in a "position of leadership" next year (in the journalism class) he wanted me to have the training. I didn't think anything of that particular sentiment until afterwards.

He basically just told me I was going to be an editor next year.

Now, I really don't want to infer too much into it, because he could mean a team leader (photo, layout ect.) but he definantly seems to like my writing, so I think that is possibly what he meant. I am thinking if this is the case it's only going to be a section editor, but it's quite possible that come senior year he could be meaning an editor-in-chief position. It would be logical, seeing as by then I would have had three years in the program.

However, knowing my luck he didn't mean anything and I'll still be a staff writer next year. But hey! Things do appear to be looking up! and who knows, maybe I'm better at this whole newspaper thing than I give myself credit for. I don't think these decisions are made until towards the end of the year, so I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment